My Cart

Close
Miticide 100ml
Miticide 100ml

Miticide 100ml

$18.00

testerman 0

How to Use Miticide

Any plant fiend who has dealt with mites knows that they are a disaster. An otherwise healthy plant can drop all its leaves in a matter of weeks. If they find your Alocasias, forget about it. Worst of all, they are persistent, and no amount of washing or soap with get rid of them.

Mites are arachnids, not insects, meaning that most pesticides available from Bunnings or the local nursery will not work. So, to help you take out your mites once and for all, we've introduced Miticide.

Containing 9g/100ml Abamectin, a powerful professional ingredient used by the agricultural industry for decades to keep crops mite free. Now, we are making it available to you.

How does it work?

Abamectin is a pesticide aimed at sucking insects, it is taken up by the leaf through translaminar movement and stored as a reservoir in the leaf, so that when mites suck the sap from the leaf, they consume the toxin. It is not strictly systemic, in that it doesn't build up in the plant over a long period of time, but is broken down after a couple of weeks.

After being absorbed by the plant, Abamectin is rapidly degraded by sunlight on the surface of the leaf, meaning that it doesn't leave a toxic residue on the leaf, meaning that it is very quickly not harmful to other bugs, nor does it continue to be toxic in your house for very long.

How do I use it?

Mix 25ml with 1L of water (or 2.5% if you're handy with a calculator) and pour into a spray bottle. Spray entirety of plants to the point where it starts to run off. Thorough coverage and penetration into plants is important to make sure you get every mite.

At first sign of mites: Spray once
Lots of mites: Spray again 7-10 days later.
Is it safe?

Absolutely not. It is poisonous if ingested, and make sure to wear gloves while mixing and using it. If possible, try to keep your space ventilated during and after application. Wash your hands before eating or drinking (this is also good advice for life).

SAFETY DIRECTIONS: Poisonous if absorbed by skin contact or swallowed. Will damage eyes. Will irritate skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not inhale spray mist.

FIRST AID: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131126. If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water.